Looking for Something Specific?

Monday, January 7, 2019

Anniversary Antics: 1 year

It's been a crazy hectic year.  I seriously can't believe that it's been well OVER a whole year since we got married in court!  (sooo I wrote this in November... and just haven't had a chance to post it!!!)

We got married officially on November 13th (and yes I know I'm much delayed).  It's been a whirlwind year, planning our bigger family wedding, dealing with crazy quantities of paperwork and just living in general.

We've done an incredible amount together this year, from travel, to Broadway to family fun.  I think we've done a little bit of everything.

And so for our anniversary we did a little bit of everything too.

A couple of days before our anniversary we had dinner with some of our close friends who had been at the court wedding and who had celebrated with us in the city afterwards.  It was a mini reunion for all of us with music, dinner and laughter.

Then on the 13th, I took off the day from work and we went into the city for a full day of relax and together time.

We did some shopping.  I needed a winter coat and boots so we got those (just in time for the snow storm 2 days after!)  We shopped our essentials before grabbing lunch near Union Square.

We shared a Lobster Roll, a Crab Grilled Cheese and Lobster Bisque.  So yummy on a cold and blustery day.
Sooo Delicious

Definitely try Luke's!
Afterwards, I wanted to go over to The Strand.  I love that book store.  Outside it has all the books you could want for between $0.50 to $2.50 each.  And inside it has almost every book imaginable at full price. I had so much fun browsing outside.  I picked up a crazy quantity of books.

The gift for a first year anniversary is supposedly paper so it was very fitting that Baros' got me a bunch of books.  I was such a happy camper!  I got 5 books (I've since read 3 of them). 

From there, we went to Chocolate by the Bald Man (Max Brenner's).  I've been wanting to go there for ages so Baros' humored me and we went for dessert and got a Ice Cream Waffle Sampler.
My first time at Chocolate by the Bald Man
We sat by the kitchen to watch the waffle making!
Waiting for our yumminess
And there it is! Definitely a sparkly surprise!


Selfie with sparklers!!
The first involved nutella, the next was berries and the last Strawberries and Cream...
So freaking delicious!
My shot of chocolate nutella

 It was beautiful and delicious to boot.

As if the day wasn't perfect enough, we walked to Bryant Park and did some window shopping and visiting of the tree.
Fountain Selfie

The coolest shop in Bryant Park
We grabbed some dinner to go and went home to relax for the rest of the evening.

That would have been the end of our anniversary celebration, except through the antics of the day I decided to play some Broadway Lottery.  I didn't win anything for that Tuesday night... but the next morning when I got an email!  I had won tickets to see Aladdin!

Oh man, I was so excited!  I'd seen Beauty and the Beast and Lion King as a kid, so this was my third Disney Broadway.  So much nostalgia with the songs and characters that I grew up loving.
And the tickets were my paper anniversary nod to Baros.  I'm so happy that I played and somehow managed to win!

So at 4:45 I ran out of work and caught my train to the city.  I met with Baros and we grabbed a quick snack before heading over to the theater.

We had great seats and the performance was magical.  It was a stunning set up and some of the songs were just incredibly well-done, both in performance and set-up.  I even loved the songs that weren't in the original movie.
Thank goodness for Broadway lottery!
We had great seats

A great way to end the night
It was such a fun show and a great evening overall.
I would say that Kinky Boots is still my favorite of the Broadway we've seen more recently, but this was so nostalgic and adorable.

Baros and I had such a wonderful time for our anniversary.  Next year, maybe we'll top it but I don't know how.  But I know that we have a whole year to figure it out together. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment