Looking for Something Specific?

Friday, October 5, 2018

Birthday Adventures: The Color Factory NYC

The night before my birthday, Baros and I celebrated together.  Baros only worked a half day on Tuesday so I took a half day from work too and met him in NYC.
Are you ready for some Color?
In the Sephora lighting
I took the train from work to Hoboken and grabbed the Path to Herald Square from
there.  I got into the city by around 1:30 so I still had a little time to kill until I could meet with Baros so I did a little window shopping. I popped into H&M and a couple of other stores (I didn't buy anything though).
I eventually wound up in Sephora. I went in looking for brush cleaner (which I've been thinking about buying for a while... but keep not buying) and then got distracted by all of the makeup.
I actually got a 15 minute smoky eye and then finished the rest of my makeup in there too.  Ashley was my makeup artist and she was lovely and did a killer smoky eye for me in a rusty bronze shade that I loved but probably would never have thought to use on my own. It was a nice relaxing way to start date night!
Ready to eat!
Afterwards, I met Baros and we took a walk down 8th avenue until we found a BBQ place to eat at.  We shared boneless hot wings and got our own entrees to share too.  Baros got ribs and a beer while I got chicken and waffles and this crazy big cocktail which came with a shot of rum and a small bottle of sweet moscato.  It was sooooo good and sweet...
We had so much food and it was quite tasty.  Still nothing compares to Yardbird in Miami but this was pretty tasty.  The waffle was really good and the chicken crispy.   The ribs were tasty but a little overly saucy for us.























Chicken and waffles!!







And right before leaving I was surprised with a small red velvet cake and a candle.  It was so cute!  I wasn't expecting it, since Baros never left the table, and I never left the table. I was impressed. 

After we finished our late lunch/early dinner we popped onto the C for our next adventure.
We got to Spring street maybe 10 minutes later, and just in time for us to get our tickets for The Color Factory (you should definitely order them earlier if you're going on a weekend to any pop up museums!).
Rainbow colors
The entryway
The Color Factory is an interactive "museum" and "instagrammable".  There are
something like 15 rooms each with its own color theme and activity.  Each room is beautiful and great for taking selfies but at the beginning of the museum they also give you a card to scan.  In a lot of the rooms, there are photo booths set up so you can take hands free photos!  Each of the photos is then sent to your email address so you can have them whenever you want.
The Color Factory is a pop up museum so it's only in Manhattan until September 30!
I've really been wanting to go to one of these pop ups for ages now so I'm really glad that Baros was game even though he was so exhausted.  He's been working so hard lately but he wanted to treat me and come play in this interactive wonderland with me for my birthday!
I'm so happy we got to go!  And I can't wait for the next interactive one to participate in!
I won't walk you through each room but share the pictures instead!  It was so fun!!! Love my hubby and that he loves my child-like enthusiasm!

Yummy macarons!!  Color coded!   
the first official photo!!

Selfieee

Goofballs!!













A fun doodling activity
Pick a button... any button!!
Music and color




Playing music!


Try some tasty soda!


Sparkle walls are awesome!

I don't really know how to explain what's going on here, but it's funny!  
Saturday night fever... on a Tuesday... 
Hubby and me shining!















Let the spinning begin!!


spin
So much love

Getting whacked by balloons lol


My color was yellow! 









My sleepy baby got red!
He got Ciao Babe!
I got Jaunty Yellow!















 

Welcome to the ball pit!
Sexy selfie time!  <3 

This was the perfect shot!
Into the pit















sinking 



and covered











Baros buried!
Climbing up there was not easy!

Toss!
Jumping silly
And sinking

I didn't want to leave... but it was necessary!!

Love the NYC color palette!!
Sexy in shades! 
Exit stage left!


No comments:

Post a Comment