Looking for Something Specific?

Monday, October 8, 2018

Birthday Adventures: Renaissance Faire Part II

So on Saturday morning, I got up to celebrate my birthday again.

Opening gates

I headed over to my friend Jeremy's house, where I met him and Danielle and a bunch of his other
friends.  His dad drove us altogether in a van to the Renn Faire for my Part II!  The van was a great idea since there were six of us.  We were able to save gas and then since Jeremy's dad drove, we had a DD just in case anyone wanted to drink. Jeremy's dad is awesome!

After putting on makeup and starting the getting ready process, we all got into the van.  It was a fun ride with music and singing and lots of chatting.  I did Danielle's makeup and helped put some scales on Masha.  Challenging in a moving vehicle!  And I somehow got my wig and flower crown on too.















When we arrived at faire we were ready for a day full of antics.

From the front gates, we saw some musical performances and then we went to grab food and drinks.






























it's as big as her head!














We started with some delicious mead, a turkey leg and some fish and chips!  It was a great way to start the day.



We were having wayyy too much fun with our food





Afterwards we meandered to the tea shop and armories.  Danielle and I got separated from Jeremy and the others but we caught up with them eventually.


Tea and herbs

so cute!  fairies for the trees

dragon skull to go with your incense


Such pretty lights. 

I don't know why he was cleaning the stone, but he was funny
Eventually we wound up at the Sherwood stage and caught the tale end of an Aaron Bunk show and then the whole of the knife throwing act.  Gotta love the dangerous antics.



We found a beautiful parrot and a dance around the May Pole and gorgeous glass art work.



he had stolen her rose and destroyed it



such beautiful pieces
Then we wandered through the Enchanted forest.  I'm in love with all of the fairies.  They're all so lovely and perfectly in character.  I hadn't realized until this weekend that they don't talk but instead sign.  And it's so fun to watch them interact with the children.




















And then there's the drinking pirates
We saw some bards telling the tale of Robin Hood using some audience participation.



From there we wandered some more through clothing stalls and shops.  I really wanted to get another corset, but I couldn't find the perfect one.  Corsets can be very expensive and I didn't want to buy one without being 100% committed.

















Instead, I did find a beautiful dragon shop.  In all my trips to the fair, I'd somehow missed this little shop full of handmade clay dragons.  They are so adorable and their creator is so lovely.  I would definitely consider special ordering something from her because her creations are absolutely amazing and each dragon so full of personality.
That's my baby dragon in the center



a little dragon in a lantern




























Eventually we found ourselves at the Acro-Batrix show which was phenomenal.  It was our favorite of the day because they're so cute.  I love their chemistry and their wonderful routine.  The tricks and skills were absolutely amazing.










She fit in a box



They're sooo cute!!











he's got great aim!


What a catch!!
From there we grabbed another cider and met up with two of Danielle's friends.  We sat and caught up and finished our drinks before heading our separate ways.

Danielle and I headed back through the fairy forest and over to the Queen's Court and then the land of the Vikings.
We found the colorful thrones and took sooooo many pictures.  Next year, I would love to do a more full costume.  I got a little lazy and didn't feel like wearing the corset I'd brought with me... and couldn't find the underskirt for the skirt I'd made.









And then we ran into one of my friends that I haven't seen in probably 5 or 6 years, since the last time I lived in Florence.  It was so great to randomly run into Melissa after all this time.  She was one of my Americans in Florence who I adopted into the Old Stove Fold.  Now that I know how close she is, I think we're going to have to have some NYC adventures together.


Then we headed over to the Queen's Court for some Shakespeare.  The actors at Renn Faire are absolutely phenomenal and so funny.  I'm so glad we caught that last show before it was time to head out.












oh selfies






As soon as we made it to the car,  I took my wig off and de-costumed myself.  We made our way to Brownstone Pancake factory and I enjoyed the last of my birthday celebration meals.

I had such a great day with everyone.  New friends, old friends, such a great way to spend that day of  birthday festivities.



2 comments:

  1. Amazing pics and wonderful fun! <3 :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss! Can't wait for our next adventure! Baros is coming apple picking with us on Sunday!

      Delete