Looking for Something Specific?

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Wedding Adventures: Bridal Party Craziness

I have to say I'm exhausted.  It's been a busy couple of months of activities: all leading up to one of my besties weddings.
Grace, one of my best friends from 7th grade, tied the knot with her long term sweetheart this past weekend.  It was such a lovely day with beautiful people and happy tears and general hilarity.
I added the finishing flower touches to this beautiful etsy sign

It was a long weekend of crazy antics and I'm so glad that I was part of it. 

Back in August, we started the celebrations with her bachelorette getaway in the Hamptons.  We went wine tasting and then to the beach.  We had a lot of fun bonding and being silly.  Nothing too crazy.
Later in August, we had a cupcake celebration for her bridal shower too.  We had a ton of fun at Sprinkles Cupcake in Manhattan, decorating cupcakes and eating them in celebration.  We made toilette paper dresses too.

Two weekends ago, Sam (one of the other bridesmaids) and I helped with favors and tried to keep the bride from going nuts.  The last two weeks are the hardest with so much going on it's hard to keep track. I went with her for her hair appointment and kept her laughing.

I made her hairpiece





This weekend was hard work.  It took a lot of crazy logistics for both the bride and groom and a lot of coordination with the bridal party.
There was last minute decorating of signs and the emergency construction of hair pieces (glad I'm crafty).   There were crazy dress changes and lots of running around.  There was joy and tipsy photos and love.






The beautiful bride prepping
Silliness



The three craziest/most awesome bridesmaids

We started getting ready at 8:30 in the morning and the party kept going till midnight.
our beautiful bouquets
Grace's photoshoot
Will's photoshoot




Such a beautiful bride!!

sneaking a peak at the first look!








The beautiful couple

The bride and her mom and dad









It was perfect and beautiful and I think the bride and groom really enjoyed themselves.  I know the rest of us did too.
Cutting the cake
I was so happy to be a part of Grace and Will's big day and that I could help even in little ways.

One more friend is married.  It's crazy how time flies.  Andrea got married last April, I got married this April and now Grace has tied the knot too.  Time ticks forward and we have so many more adventures ahead of us all.

And now I think we all need a week to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment