Looking for Something Specific?

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Apple Picking Adventures with friends

It feels like forever-ago now, but in October, right before going on vacation, Baros and I got to go apple picking together for the first time.
We went with one of my best friends, Jeremy and his friend, Tyler.

We had such a good day.  It was filled with sunshine and lots of laughter at all the antics.

I love going apple picking but hadn't managed to go in a few years.
We had tried to go last year with Jeremy, but the farm we went to didn't have apple picking during the week when we tried to go.

But this year, we got lucky because Jeremy wanted to go again and we were able to coordinate for a Sunday morning when apple picking is always in full swing.

And it's even better because Baros had NEVER been apple picking before.  I was so excited to share one of my favorite fall activities with him.  Together we knocked it off our Fall Bucket List!

We went to a place in upstate New York about 45 minutes away. We spent the car ride alternating between chatting and sing-alongs so by the time we got to the crowded farm we were in high spirits.  It was lovely with green and hints of red and gold.  I was so happy to be in the foliage but it was so green still while we were there!  It feels like it took forever for the leaves to change colors this year!

It was so beautiful and colorful! I loved being out in nature for the day.

So many apples on the ground!
But a lot on the trees too!
We goofed around a lot! Jeremy and Tylor are giant goofballs as is Baros so I was so happy to be in their company.  Any experience with them is fun times!  I've known Jeremy since middle school so we definitely go back to old school references and craziness.  Some things will never change!  And Baros is my favorite goof and knows just what to do to make me laugh!  I don't know Tylor well yet, but he's adorable and silly.











I had so much fun with the boys!

We spent the morning finding the best apples left on the trees.
And Baros picked his first apple EVER!
The perfect apple!
Going for it


Got it!!!
But the best ones were at the top!  So Jeremy and Tylor did a lot of jumping.  Baros stayed firmly on the ground!
Trying to get it! 
Soooo closeee!!
Team Work
Trying to get some yummy apples!
I on the other hand got to climb!  I was really excited to get up in the trees.  Such beautiful views and so much fun getting the best apples.  I had wayyy too much fun since it's been a long time since I've done any climbing!
Waiting for me to toss down some apples!
Peeking through the branches
Chilling with the best apples

Climbing is my fun time!
 Oh man!  Such a great day.  We got so many apples and had so much camaraderie.

We may have even gotten too many apples... since the bag broke! But it cause even more laughter and fun!
About 30 seconds before the bag broke!
Broken bag and sad apples!
Make-shifting a solution
And this is how we do!
Sexy beast right there!
I can't wait till next year to go again!  Next year, I'll even grab a group photo.  I only managed a selfie with Baros and I!
Selfies with good cameras are challenging, buttt I did it!
After picking our apples, we went a chose some pumpkins and saw some other beautiful views.


We had SUCH a beautiful day!
























He picked the perfect one!
We even made friends with a beautiful puppy to play with!
Mostly green... but I see some orange and red peeking through
Pretty flowers and bumble bee! 
The perfect apple!

And then once we were ready, we headed to the Palisades Mall for some fun and quick shopping.  We even picked up some Halloween goodies to start our costume process. Which... eventually I'll post about! <3

4 comments:

  1. OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!! <3 <3 <3 So many gorgeous pictures and I'm loving it!! THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course lovey!! I'm so glad you like them! I have some more that I didn't add so I'll put them on Facebook for you and I have some others I haven't edited if you want them <3

      Delete
  2. wow, so many apples in the ground ♥ all the photos are amazing ♥

    i'm a follower now, can you follow me back?
    https://wingsofanne-sophie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete