Looking for Something Specific?

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Providence Adventures: Part I, Day I of our Fall Vacation

So this blog is much overdue, buttt I finally finished editing our photos from Providence.

I think I need to get on a schedule once I'm all caught up in my edits so I don't fall so behind again.

That being said, I'm just excited to share our adventures.

In October, Baros and I took our first longer vacation together.  We did 3 cities in the course of a week, starting with Providence, Rhode Island.

It was probably my favorite part of the trip. We had some amazing food and had a great time relaxing together.

We arrived on a Monday afternoon and settled into our wonderful AirBnB.  It was our first AirBnB experience  and it was lovely.  The apartment was just as advertised. It was clean and organized and welcoming.  And happily it was less than the hotels in the area.

We stayed in an upstairs apartment for two nights a little outside of the college area of Providence.  It was close enough to walk everywhere but far enough that it was quiet and relaxing the entire time we were there.  The owners even had a lovely suggestion book that we were able to use for restaurant and coffee suggestions in the immediate area.

Milk Money: So cute and peaceful
We settled into our adorable apartment and headed out to happy hour.  We took our first suggestion from our hosts and went to a restaurant called Milk Money. It was so cozy and warm inside.  Perfect for our first meal in Providence and since we went so early, we practically had the place to ourselves.
My Handsome Hubby
The Delicious Drinks: I wish I could remember what was in
them!
 Our drinks were lovely. I took a picture of the menu so I wouldn't forget what we ordered... But I forgot what we ordered!  That being said they were delicious. Baros' involved whiskey... mine on the other hand... I have no idea!
 We got some lovely cocktails, a beautiful cheese and charcuterie board, corn bread and mini arancini to share.  Everything was delicious!  The charcuterie was fresh with some really interesting cheeses and meats to try (changed on a regular basis). The corn bread was fresh and crumbly and the arancini light and delicious.
Our beautiful cheese and charcuterie board
 It was a lovely way to start our trip.  From there we took a walk through Providence.  We walked across the Brown Campus and met the Brown Bear (the statue in the middle of campus) and then walked down to the center of Providence.  We didn't take many pictures of our walk since it was so dark.
We sat in a park for a little while and then went to a "rooftop" bar.  It was on the 5th floor so it didn't have the most expansive views, but it was nice and toasty and they had live music which was lovely.
We had some oysters and a pizza to share as well as a few drinks.
From there we called it a night.  We were exhausted from travelling all Day.


2 comments:

  1. It seems you had a great time e good dish! :)

    https://julesonthemoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss it was lovely! I can't wait to travel again and eat more great food!

      Delete